Welcome to our Worship Service Guide for April 5 – Palm Sunday.
- To Play a video, click on a picture with an arrow button; or to open a document, click on colored text which looks like this.
- To expand a video to full size, click on the icon in the far bottom right corner of the video window.
- To return the video to normal size, click on the icon in the far bottom right corner of the video or press the ESC button on the computer keyboard.
Thank you for worshipping with us today. May the Lord bless you with His grace and peace.
Sunday, April 5, 2020 — PALM SUNDAY
CALL TO WORSHIP
The next day the large crowd that had come to the [Passover] feast heard Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD, even the King of Israel!” And Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, just as it is written,
“Fear not, daughter of Zion;
behold, your king is coming,
sitting on a donkey’s colt!”
– John 12:12-15 (esv)
“O Worship the King”
“All Hail King Jesus”
“Now is My soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify Your name.”
Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” The crowd that stood there and heard it said it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”
Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
– John 12:27-31 (esv)
As Jesus said to Nicodemus: “Stop being amazed at My telling you that you must be born again from above! The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it’s going. That’s how it is with everyone who has been born from the Spirit.”
Nicodemus replied, “How can this happen?” Jesus answered him, “You hold the office of teacher in Isra’el, and you don’t know this? Yes, indeed! I tell you that what we speak about, we know; and what we give evidence of, we have seen; but you people don’t accept our evidence! If you people don’t believe Me when I tell you about the things of the world, how will you believe Me when I tell you about the things of heaven? No one has gone up into heaven; there is only the One who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so everyone who trusts in Him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only and unique Son, so everyone who trusts in Him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed.”
– John 3:7-16 (cjb)
“And Can It Be that I Should Gain?”
God invites us to come to Him in prayer through Christ Jesus, our new and living Way, the One who has washed us clean from our sins and who gives us confidence to approach a holy God.
- Please pray for two or three FBCNR members or regular attenders — Pray for their growth, stability, health, and joy in these different, sometimes difficult days.
- “And take the helmet of deliverance along with the sword given by the Spirit, that is, the Word of God; as you pray at all times, with all kinds of prayers and requests, in the Spirit, vigilantly and persistently, for all God’s people” (Eph. 6:17-18 CJB).
- For an updated list of members and attenders, contact the church office.
- Pray for our governing authorities that God would grant them much wisdom to rule and lead well.
- Pray for Tuesday’s election, that God’s people will choose men and women who seek justice and righteousness in their decision-making.
- Please include local officials in your prayer:
- WI Governor Tony Evers
- WI Senate District 10 – Sen. Patty Schachtner
- WI Assembly District 29 – Rep. Rob Stafsholt
- Senior Senator, Wisconsin – Sen. Ron Johnson
- Junior Senator, Wisconsin – Sen. Tammy Baldwin
- “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim. 2:1-5).
- Presidential Prayer Team Weekly Prayer Focus for April 2 – April 8, listing leaders at many levels of our government.
- Pray for our Missionaries of the Week: Scott and Eunie Paulson, Africa Inland Mission. In her March 30, 2020, Caring Bridge journal entry, Eunie says:
We are hunkered down in Durham, waiting, waiting, waiting for the chemo and radiation to start. Scott completed his ‘mapping’ of his brain by a physicist and radiation oncologist, and now is ready to start on Tuesday. He is feeling good right now, and enjoying these quiet ‘stay at home’ orders, phone visits with friends, podcasts and rest.
I am commuting between Waxhaw, work and Durham. Interesting days in the Emergency Room…. Please continue to pray for all the healthcare workers and patients as we work through this virus. We have a lot on our mind and heart with all that is happening around us, here and around the world. May God be our strength.
4. Pray for open doors for members and regular attenders of FBCNR to share the hope and peace we have in Jesus with people who need to hear the gospel of our Lord.
∞ The Providence of God and Celebration ∞
Download a PDF of the Sermon Notes [will open in new tab]
∞ The Providence of God and Celebration ∞
“Jesus Paid It All”
“The Power of the Cross”
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL
“Yahweh is Hidden: An Overview of the Prophecy of Zephaniah”
Zephaniah 1 – 3
“He Will Hold Me Fast”
For additional worship music, please see the link at the bottom of the page.
1 thought on “April 5 Worship Service Guide”
Thank you Tech Team for all your work on this presentation. God bless you!