- To Play a video, click on a picture with an arrow button; or to open a document, click on colored text which looks like this.
- To expand a video to full size, click on the icon in the far bottom right corner of the video window.
- To return the video to normal size, click on the icon in the far bottom right corner of the video or press the ESC button on the computer keyboard.
Thank you for worshipping with us today.
May the Lord bless you with His grace, peace, and power.
Sunday, April 19, 2020
CALL TO WORSHIP
Shout for joy in the LORD, O you righteous!
Praise befits the upright.
Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre;
make melody to Him with the harp of ten strings!
Sing to Him a new song;
play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.
For the word of the Lord is upright,
and all His work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.
“My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less (On Christ, the Solid Rock”
“Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”
Scripture Reading — 1 Thessalonians 1:2-7
“The Church’s One Foundation” (Indelible Grace)
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the LORD.
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
– Romans 12:9-12 (esv)
God invites us to come to Him in prayer through Christ Jesus, our new and living Way, the One who has washed us clean from our sins and who gives us confidence to approach a holy God.
- Please pray for two or three FBCNR members or regular attenders — Pray for their growth, stability, health, and joy in these different, sometimes difficult days.
- “And take the helmet of deliverance along with the sword given by the Spirit, that is, the Word of God; as you pray at all times, with all kinds of prayers and requests, in the Spirit, vigilantly and persistently, for all God’s people” (Eph. 6:17-18 CJB).
- For an updated list of members and attenders, contact the church office.
- Pray for our governing authorities that God would grant them much wisdom to rule and lead well.
- “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim. 2:1-5).
- Presidential Prayer Team Weekly Prayer Focus for April 19 – 25, listing leaders at many levels of our government.
- Pray for our Missionaries of the Week: Paul and Joyce Setter with Wycliffe Bible Translators. Read the Setters’ latest e-mail update here.
- Pray for open doors for members and regular attenders of FBCNR to share the hope and peace we have in Jesus with people who need to hear the gospel of our Lord.
The Providence of God
on Our Spiritual Journey
Download a PDF of the Sermon Notes
Includes Map of Paul’s Second Missionary Journey
[will open in a new tab]
“Across the Lands” (Getty)
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL
“Habakkuk: Only to Be Embraced”
Habakkuk 1 – 3
“Out of the Depths” (Sovereign Grace)
For even if the fig tree doesn’t blossom,
and no fruit is on the vines,
even if the olive tree fails to produce,
and the fields yield no food at all,
even if the sheep vanish from the sheep pen,
and there are no cows in the stalls;
still, I will rejoice in Adonai,
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
Elohim Adonai is my strength!
He makes me swift and sure-footed as a deer
and enables me to stride over my high places.
– Habakkuk 3:7-9
“Christ Our Hope in Life and Death” (Getty)
For additional worship music, please see the link at the bottom of the page.
1 thought on “April 19 Worship Service Guide”
Thank you Tech Team for all your work on this service….a blessing.