First Baptist exists to see the Great Commission fulfilled primarily in the larger New Richmond area and, ultimately, the world. Our desire is to accomplish this through a balance of winning the lost, building the believers, and equipping workers – ministering to people at various levels of growth and development – resulting in the making of disciples. It is our conviction that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that a person’s great need is salvation from the penalty of sin. Eternal life and forgiveness come through personal trust in what Jesus Christ accomplished at Calvary. Abundant life is God’s desire for everyone.
– Introduction to The Constitution and By-Laws of First Baptist Church
We rest our faith wholly in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, and believe in the teachings of the Bible as the Word of God, and follow the great principles of Scripture, including
- The preeminence of Christ Jesus as our divine Lord and Savior.
- The supreme authority of the Bible and its sufficiency as our only rule of faith and lifestyle.
- Believer’s baptism by immersion.
- The Lord’s Supper (communion) open to all believers in obedience of the command of Christ.
- The spiritual unity of all believers, for whom the Master so earnestly prayed.
- Independence of the local church yet its interdependence in fellowship with other evangelical congregations.
- The solemn obligation of congregational rule, guaranteeing equal rights to all members and special privileges to none.
- The world-wide program of missionary fervor and evangelism in obedience to the final command of our Lord before His ascension.